If you are thinking of starting out and you dont know the first thing about websites then here are some tips to help you.
1. Get a piece of paper and write in the middle what you do, then draw as many lines out from that of areas you cover or products you offer.
If it is a service linked to another service, then draw an arrow to link the two together. When you have finnished downloading your information about your company to your paper you should see a clear way of grouping your products or services.
2. Get another piece of paper and imagine this is your menu inside you head try and catagorise and group things which should compliment each other.
3. Then try and put a heading on each item this will become your menu with sub menus.
4. Then in each Menu you will need a discription of your catagory, ie if it was Lighting, you could say "We offer a huge range of all types and styles of lighting for the home and office".
If it was a service you could say; Webdesign, We offer a huge collection of designs, built individually for you. Etc Etc..... and so on Let me know if you are stuck at this point!
5. Blogs are an amazing way to get people to come to your website. Read some of my blogs I have written for The Interior Co https://theinteriorco.co.uk/blogs/newsand Feathers Of italy here.......https://www.feathersofitaly.co.uk/blogs/news
I find writting a blog on the basics of your business is always a good idea to start you off. Imagine the customer hasnt a clue who you are or why to trust you and use content to help ahieve this trust. Try to explain things in very simple terms.
6. Contact me and I will scedule you a free 20 minuite appointment to discuss your project. email@example.com
At this point put the kettle on get a cup of your favorite brew and let me guide you. If you feel happy to proceed to us developing your online buiness we will require a 50% deposit and we can scedule you in straight away. Time frames can be given at this point.